Friday 9 March 2012

Things that I have liked this week

I have had a weird week. These things have helped me. Thank you missmoss.co.za for your "these things".


This picture of Nick Cave with a Bad Seed. 





This particular staircase. 







This summer dress.








 This post, from thisisnthappiness, a blog which pleases me.


  • Day One: Hang around house all day writing bits of useless information on bits of paper.
  • Day Two: Decide lack of inspiration due to too much isolation and non-fraternisation. Go to pub. Have drinks.
  • Day Three: Get up and go to pub. Hold on in there a style is on its way. Through sheer boredom and drunkenness, talk to people in pub.
  • Day Four: By now people in the pub should be continually getting on your nerves. Write things about them on backs of beer mats.
  • Day Five: Go to pub. This is where true penmanship stamina comes into its own as by now guilt, drunkenness, the people in the pub and the fact you’re one of them should combine to enable you to write out of sheer vexation.
  • Day Six: If possible, stay home. And write. If not, go to pub.




This photo of someone I used to know.





This picture. It has suited my whimsical mood this week.






So has this picture.






This album:
I am super fussy when it comes to female vocals, but Jenn Wasner's voice is just right.





And this album too:
(Musée Mécanique -Hold This Ghost)






This ridiculous thing, who knew?




This book:
My brother punted it to my sister-in-law who pushed it on me. She is a book-pusher. I tend to avoid self-help books in the same way I avoid sitting close to strangers on public transport, but this book is a gem. It opens with a piece about how Adolf Hitler studied art and how we haven't seen any of his art work, probably because he probably found it easier to start World War ll than to face a blank canvas. 
I fear the blank page daily.





Remembering this wall in Paris.We spotted it when we were up in Montemartre.
 Invader is a guy who puts up space-invader mosaics in random spots around the world. There is a theory that he works from a master map and if you link all his mosaics together you can shape a giant space-invader over a map of the countries he has invaded. I can't see it myself, maybe you can?

.



Finally, my dog. He is a good dog.











No comments:

Post a Comment